The 1938 Radio Script
By Howard E. Koch, based on the novel by HG Wells
Streaming 30th April – 3rd May via Broadway on Demand
Available to listen to, pause and rewind.
Arkle bring back to life the iconic 1938 radio play from the co-writer of Casablanca, based on the novel by HG Wells. Will the Martians take over the earth? Are the chances of anything coming from Mars really a thousand to one?
Close the curtains, turn the lights down and be drawn in to the magic of radio!
Arkle Theatre Company returns to theatrical ways in 2021 with a rehearsed reading of HG Wells’ classic radio play, The War of the Worlds adapted by Howard E. Koch. It will be free to tune in online, but we would kindly ask you consider making a donation.
Suggested donation £5
How to book your seat
- Ahead of the live stream start time, visit https://www.broadwayondemand.com/signup and create an account on the Broadway on Demand platform as this is hosting our recording. You should receive an email from Broadway on Demand with the subject line “Thanks for joining us” if you have successfully created your account.
- Sometime between 30th April and 2300 on 3rd May go to the following link. Unlike with the live streams it’s the same for the whole period: https://www.broadwayondemand.com/series/smKIAnYqAHiX-the-war-of-the-worlds-the-1938-radio-script-by-howard-e-koch-based-on-the-novel-by-hg-wells–arkle-theatre-company
- You should be prompted to log in to the account you created in step 1. If not click on the “hamburger” menu – 3 lines at the top left of the screen – then select “Log In”. You can also create an account from the Log In page if you haven’t already.
- You will need to start streaming by 2300 on May 3rd as the recording will not be available after midnight 3rd May
- Sit back and enjoy the show! Running time is approximately 1 hour.