The 1938 Radio Script
By Howard E. Koch, based on the novel by HG Wells
Fri 2nd & Sat 3rd April, 6:30PM via Broadway on Demand
Arkle bring back to life the iconic 1938 radio play from the co-writer of Casablanca, based on the novel by HG Wells. Will the Martians take over the earth? Are the chances of anything coming from Mars really a thousand to one?
Close the curtains, turn the lights down and be drawn in to the magic of radio!
Arkle Theatre Company returns to theatrical ways in 2021 with a rehearsed reading of HG Wells’ classic radio play, The War of the Worlds adapted by Howard E. Koch. It will be free to tune in online, but we would kindly ask you consider making a donation.
Suggested donation £5
How to book your seat
- Ahead of the live stream start time, visit https://www.broadwayondemand.com/signup and create an account on the Broadway on Demand platform as this is hosting our live stream. We strongly recommend you do this well before the stream start time so that you don’t miss the beginning. You should receive an email from Broadway on Demand with the subject line “Thanks for joining us” if you have successfully created your account
- A few minutes before the performance go to the following link. Note these are different for each performance date:
- For Friday 2nd April, https://www.broadwayondemand.com/not-live/7GElQdZvXRZQ-the-war-of-the-worlds-the-1938-radio-script–arkle-theatre-company?channel=live-productions
- For Saturday 3rd April, https://www.broadwayondemand.com/not-live/eRK84pHkAeiG-the-war-of-the-worlds-the-1938-radio-script–arkle-theatre-company?channel=live-productions
- You should be prompted to log in to the account you created in step 1. If not click on the “hamburger” menu – 3 lines at the top left of the screen – then select “Log In”. You can also create an account from the Log In page if you haven’t already.
- If the event hasn’t yet started you will see the countdown page.
- If the event has started already you will see the live stream.
- Sit back and enjoy the show! Running time is approximately 1 hour.